Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kalam inspired me: Megastar

Chiranjeevi’s said that he was inspired by the former president, Dr A.P.J Abdul Kalam, to enter politics. Chiranjeevi said: “During the past few months, I met several leaders, intellectuals and people to find out their opinion. The most important interaction was with the former president Abdul Kalam who told me that efficient and pro-poor people should join politics”

He said that he drew inspiration from B.R. Ambedkar, Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Teresa and Jyothirao Phule, whose pictures adorned the backdrop of the dias. However, the exercise was short on specifics. At one point, he said he was not after posts, but later asked people “to give him a chance to change the existing system.” When asked about his assets, he said he had made a declaration to the income-tax department.

He said he would seek the help of press reporters to identify important issues. and did not see any rivalry with existing political parties. Asked about allowing tainted leaders into his party, the actor said “not all” leaders in other parties are corrupt and defended the entry of defectors. When he was questioned about his knowledge about politics and agriculture, he said: “I came from a lower middle class. My father was a constable. We had five acres of land. I worked in the fields during I my vacations,” he said. “About politics. It is true that I am a novice, but I feel it is enough to be people-oriented to qualify be in politics.”

Asked how he would survive because he is a novice and there is no political vacuum in the state, the actor said that he started his career when famous actors were at their prime. He could reach his present position due to hard work. “There is nothing like a vacuum but people are looking for the change, it is evident with the state-wide response (to his political plans).” Courtesy-DC

No comments: